Meadow Sweet Holiday Homes Terms & Conditions
Acceptance and Confirmation of your booking is subject to the following conditions:
- Booking Deposit: A non refundable booking deposit of 30% of the total rental cost of the property, subject to a minimum of €150. No invoice or letter of confirmation can be dispatched to you until the booking deposit has been received. Meadow Sweet Holiday Homes reserves the right to request full payment for bookings for special events or festivals at the time of booking. If this is applicable on-line customers will be contacted after an on line booking is made to pay the balance of the booking deposit required while callers to our Reservations Office will be required to pay the increased booking deposit at the point of booking.
- Balance of Payment: Full payment of holiday home rental must be made to us, no later than 14 days prior to the rental commencement date. Upon receipt of the balance due, clients will receive arrival instructions. Late payments may result in the holiday Home booking(s) being cancelled without advance client notification. In the case of special offers the balance due date may differ.
- Change of Location / Dates: In the event of you wishing to change the date or location of a booking, should we be able to facilitate you, there will be an administration charge of €50. If we facilitate you in any such change, your right to a subsequent refund under our cancellation terms is no longer applicable.
- Method of Payment: We accept payment by laser, credit card, cheque or Postal Orders.
- Cancellation by Customer: In the event that you wish to cancel your holiday home reservation, the following charges will apply: On all reservations: Booking deposit is withheld. 2-6 weeks before date of arrival - 50% of rental. Less than 2 weeks before arrival date - 100%.We strongly advise that clients take out travel insurance to cover any costs associated with having to cancel a holiday
- Utility Charges: Heat and electricity are extra charges and are normally based on set daily rates depending upon the time of year. These are normally payable together with your balance payment. At some locations they are based on a meter reading done on site and payable on departure. Should utility charges not be paid on departure, they will be deducted from the damage deposit without further notice.
- Damage Deposit: A refundable damage deposit of €150 must be paid on arrival. We reserve the right to charge an increased damage deposit at certain times of the year or certain types of bookings which will be notified to you prior to arrival. The deposit will be refunded within 7 days of departure once the supervisor is satisfied that the terms and conditions of rental have been compiled with. Failure to leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition may result in the loss of all or part of the damage deposit. When a rental is for longer than one week, cleaning of the house during rental must be requested from the on-site manager and a fee may apply.
- Arrival and Departure Times: Specific arrival and departure times are outlined on the direction sheet. These times must be strictly adhered to. Late Arrivals: Failure to notify the on-site manager of a late arrival may result in your reservation being cancelled. Late arrivals may in some cases can be facilitated by prior arrangement only.
- Right to Decline: Meadow Sweet Holiday Homes reserves the right to refuse, alter or cancel a booking, even after receipt of final payment. In addition, the company is relived of all liability should reserved accommodation not be available due to circumstances beyond our control. In such an instance, alternative arrangements will be made in similar accommodation, or a full refund will be offered. However, no refund or liability will apply to a situation where a client is requested to vacate, or leaves of their own accord, prior to the expiration of the booking.
- Behaviour: Meadow Sweet Holiday Homes reserves the right to terminate this contract if the behaviour or conduct of the Consumer either prior to or during a holiday is likely to endanger the safety or well being of other consumers in the party or that of the consumer himself.
- Accommodation Capacity: For Insurance reasons, the total number of clients staying in each holiday home must not exceed the maximum capacity.
- Pets: We do accept pets at a limited number of properties. However there is an extra cleaning charge of €25 payable to the supervisor on site.
- Liability: Meadow Sweet Holiday Homes, its employees or agents shall not be liable for any damages, loss, or personal injury which may be sustained by persons or property at any time during the reserved stay.
- Complaints: In the unlikely event of a complaint, it should be brought to the attention of the site-manager immediately. Failure to register a complaint while on site may invalidate a future claim. Failing a satisfactory solution, you should contact Meadow Sweet Holiday Homes and a written complaint should be logged within 14 days of departure.
- Default by the customer: The consumer is obliged to ensure that all documentation and details issued to you by Meadow Sweet Holiday Homes are correct. In an unlikely event that you do not agree with the documentation, it must be brought to our attention immediately.
- Bed linen and towels: Bed linen is supplied free of charge in all of our properties. Towels are supplied but are available for hire and are subject to a charge of €0 per set. When a holiday Home is being rented for more than one week, you may liaise directly with the site manager if fresh bed linen/towels are required. A fee may be required for these extra services.
- Cots / Highchairs: Requests for these must be made prior to arrival.
- Special Requests: Requests for specific houses, etc. must be made at time of reservation and whilst we will endeavor to meet all special requests, they cannot be guaranteed. If confirmation of your reservation depends on a particular house being available, we regret we cannot accept the booking.
- Disabled Persons: It shall be the consumer’s responsibility to disclose, prior to booking, to Meadow Sweet Holiday Homes any physical or mental condition of a member of his party which may be relevant. Meadow Sweet Holiday Homes reserves the right to decline or provide a holiday for a disabled person where in our mind; the holiday home would be inconsistent with the special needs of a disabled person.
- Group Bookings: Meadow Sweet Holiday Homes does not accept bookings from groups of parties under the age of 25, or hen/stag parties unless otherwise agreed in writing. We reserve the right to refuse to check-in such groups and will not refund any monies paid in advance in the event of non-disclosure of the age of the occupants. For Group bookings, the refundable damage deposit per house booked must be paid prior to arrival to our central reservation office. This will be refunded within 7 days of departure by our central reservation office once the local supervisor has confirmed to us that the houses occupied were left in an acceptable condition. We reserve the right to charge an increased damage deposit for group bookings of more than 1 house.
- Confirmation of bookings: All Bookings are subject to availability and written/email confirmation.